Built just after the Civil War in 1869, this building has been used as a tractor factory, a motorcycle club headquarters, and most recently, has been renovated for an Atlanta couple’s residence. The ceilings soar 36 feet, giving the interior a spacious, loft-like appearance. There is ample room for artwork and furniture, most of which came from Europe, along with the light fixtures.
Foliage Design’s contribution to this cool architectural revival was to convert two service bay windows into big, vertical plant boxes. The back patio features a living wall with vining plants. Last, but not least, the view from the second floor circular stairway features a beautiful weeping fig (ficus lyrata).